The lifestyle shift towards indoor/outdoor living spaces with minimal interrupting views sparked the development of Alsysco’s innovative quad track sliding doors. Boasting increased door heights and wider openings with less aluminium and more glass to enjoy scenic spaces.
At the time of development the market had a preference for sliding folding doors which when open give you a very large opening but when closed the view is interrupted with the aluminium vertical sash stiles. This is due to the need to keep the sashes down to a narrow width to prevent sagging when the doors are opened.
Sliding systems on the market at the time only offered make-shift solutions that risked water ingress and only 3 sashes sliding out of the 4 sashes or only 6 out of the 8 sashes in a centre closing door.
After completing the market research, Alsysco’s R&D team developed the quad track system in 2017 and launched it a year later at Decorex Cape Town.
One of the biggest challenges was allowing such a wide track to efficiently drain. Since the local mills could not extrude the sill needed, Alsysco had to come up with an innovative composite track design. They created a cutting-edge system of dies that clip together to create the sump needed for drainage, bearing in mind it had to manage the weight of the larger than normal sashes.
The Villa and Valencia quad track systems are designed for homes and commercial environments where larger glass panels are desired to draw the external space into the room, besides taking advantage of the views it also allows natural lighting into the home or office. The sash stiles and interlockers are designed to be as narrow as possible to ensure there is as little obstruction to the outside panoramic views as possible.
The quad track also benefits from the already impressive features of the Villa and Valencia sliding systems which includes:
• Complies with AAAMSA A3 and design standards.
• Accommodates single and double glazing from 4mm to 25mm
• Excellent sealing against water and air infiltration.
• All weather seals and accessories included on the sashes for easy repair or replacement –
• Includes an anodised replacement track design.
• Reinforced interlockings for improved wind load performance.
• Double axle rollers are available for large or heavier sashes.
• Fixed or multi sliding sash options available in double, triple and quad track configurations.
• Secure single and multi-point locking solutions available.
• Smooth and light sliding action.
• Manufacturing tools and jigs ensure production and installation accuracy.
• Product training and manuals are available.
• Supported by ALPRO – Alsysco design and estimating software